KAN 11 is an Israeli State-owned free-to-air television channel founded in 2017. It belongs to the Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation. KAN Channel was previously known as First Channel. The channel is one of the television channels in Israel and one of six terrestrial channels in the country (along with Keshet 12, Reshet 13, Makan 33 and the Knesset Channel). Run by the Israeli Broadcasting Corporation, it started broadcasting on 15 May 2017.
Between June 4 to August 3, 2017, the channel broadcast some of the Israeli Educational Television's contents.
Since the channel was launched, it broadcast in HD format. In November 2017, it started upgrading its contents to 4K (Ultra HD) resolution on a different secondary channel.
- Evening News (Hadashot Erev) – the main news program hosted by Doria Lampel (the main newscast is also broadcast every evening in Radio "Kan Bet" and sometimes Doria Lampel is replaced by Michal Rabinovich)
- Original five - Hosted by Anat Korol and Dror Feuer
- Economic Six - Hosted by Dov Gilhar (Economic News)
- Seven Current Events - Hosted by Michal Rabinovich and Yoaz Hendel (daily news program)
- "Erev Erev" (Every Evening) - Hosted by Dov Gilhar, Keren Uzan and Rinat Spivak
- Night News - Hosted by Romi Neumark
- Real Time with Assaf Liberman (Investigations)
- Friday at 5pm - Hosted by Uri Levi
- News of the Week (weekly magazine, replacing "Yoman" - The Log)
- Saturday News - the Sunday Evening News Program
- "Ro'im Olam" (Seeing the World) - Hosted by Ya'akov Ahimeir (an international magazine, originally broadcast on IBA's Channel One)
Share This News